Sunday, July 5, 2009

California Vacation (Part 3)

Pismo Beach is me and my mom's favorite place. As a tradition we use to have a mother/daughter retreat there every year. It's so relaxing and beautiful and our hotel room always over looks the ocean. I was so excited to share this special place with my two children. They both seemed to love it as much as I do! Emma was always at peace listening to the ocean waves crash outside and Michael was content to just sit there and water the water, seagulls and bunnies. Right outside our balcony was a seagull that had two new baby seagulls and we had the pleasure of watching the mommy teach her babies to fly and feed them every morning. There were also bunny rabbits that would walk right over to Michael and let him give them popcorn. He was beside himself with joy! We also got to have dinner with 4 really great friends! They are the funniest 4 women I have ever met. They are great people and I love them all very much! On our last day in Pismo we took the kids to one of our favorite restaurants in Morro Bay called DORNS. They make some of the best food! It overlooks a life size chess board and of course... the ocean! :-) Michael was so excited to see such a big rock in the ocean! He kept giving my mom the biggest hugs as if to say "thank you for bringing me!"

Michael's first view of the Ocean

Michael could watch the ocean all day!

Our Dear friends!

Mommy & Michael's morning routine

Grandma showing Michael Morro Bay Rock

Michael giving Grandma one of many big hugs that morning

Michael & the Pirate!

Mommy & Emma sitting on the beach

Michael and Emma

0 comments: