Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Miracle Baby!

A few days before Emma's first birthday we experienced what I would only describe as a miracle. We have a china cabinet filled with my grandparents china. In the bottom part of it I store some of the kids favorite books for when we have story time downstairs. Emma knows how to open the bottom part because she loves to pull her books out and look at them or bring them to me when she wants to read.

I was cleaning the kitchen while Michael and Emma were in the other room playing and doing puzzles. I walked in to check on them and as I entered the room I had a slow motion moment that made my heart stop and yet it happened too fast for me to react. Michael later told me he was trying to get to the candy dish and had tried to climb onto the cabinet (I didn't see that part). All I saw was the china cabinet doors flung up as the glass shelf fell forward and all of my china falling out. Emma was sitting directly under the doors reading her books. The china crashed down and shattered. The way it was falling it SHOULD had fallen and shattered directly on top of her head. Instead I watched as it fell and shattered all around her in almost a perfect circle. Not one piece of china fell on her and she had not one scratch on her. I broke down in tears as I realized that we had just experienced a true miracle and that my baby girl was kept safe. After I got the kids safely away and cleaned it all up the 3 of us said a prayer to thank our heavenly father for keeping them safe.

0 comments: