Friday, March 26, 2010

Funny Michael stories....

I have three stories to share that I just couldn't keep to myself.

1st)
A couple days ago Michael had woken up from his nap in a rather cranky mood so I thought I would sit with him and we could eat some lunch and watch something on TV until he was awake enough to go run around outside like usual. The movie Eragon was on the Disney channel. I thought "Michael LOVES dragons. What's cooler than a dragon movie." I had forgotten about the scary guy in the movie. When it got to the part in the beginning where the scary guy comes in (and truly that guy scares the crap out of me too) I turned it off realizing it was probably too scary with a little boy with a big imagination. Sadly, Michael had seen too much and that night about an hour after he had gone to bed he woke up with a nightmare crying about there being "bad guys." I was SO proud of Michael when the first thing he asked of us was to say a prayer. Often when Michael is having a hard day or when I am having a tough day we get down on our knees and we say a prayer to help us feel better. I was so happy to see that he had learned to do that when he was scared. A few minutes after we put him back to bed he started crying again and Adam went in to check on him. I was doing laundry and cleaning up and thought Adam was downstairs. When I went down I realized he wasn't down there. It had been a good hour since we put Michael down so I wasn't sure where Adam was. Little did I know that in Michael's CRIB lay daddy and Michael snuggled up together. Poor Adam was scrunched like a ball and every time he tried to get out, thinking Michael was sleeping, Michael would wake up and push his daddy's head back onto the pillow and told him to go to sleep. :-) So precious!

2nd)
Another moment when you realize that you are teaching your kids good things and that they really do watch EVERYTHING...... Often times if I've had a rough day with the kids or something like that Adam will surprise me with flowers. He always tells Michael that he got mommy flowers cause she wasn't feeling well. So this past weekend my mom was having a really hard day and she came over to my house to play with the kids cause what better cure for a bad day then playing with the grand babies. :-) I told Michael when my mom was on the way over that grandma was having a hard day and we had to treat her extra special. So do you know what my sweet little boy did...... he pulled a flower off the bush out front of our house and then went to the grass and pulled up the purple and yellow weed flowers in the front yard. He put them all together and showed me. I told him they were beautiful and thanked him for bringing me flowers and he pulled them away and said "no! for Boompa!" (he calls his grandmas Boompa cause he can't say Grandma). He held onto those flowers tightly for about 15 minutes until she pulled up and then he ran to the car and gave them to her. :-)

3rd)
Friday night we had some of Adam's wrestling team over to watch the NCAA wrestling championships and have a BBQ. Michael was in heaven! He loved having so many boys to wrestle with and show off his toys. When it came time for bed Adam and I took Michael upstairs for a quick bedtime routine. Michael begged for "all the wrestlers" to come upstairs. He went and asked them nicely to please go upstairs with him. So there we were... Adam, Michael, mommy, and 4 big high school wrestlers reading Elmo story books and then we all joined in for a chorus of "home home on the range" and "ABCs". It was the funniest thing ever but Michael was beyond thrilled! :-)

0 comments: