Monday, October 26, 2009

We're Pregnant.....again! :-)

The night before Michael's birthday party I had a strange dream. I had taken a pregnancy test and for some reason couldn't figure out what the result said. So I woke up and I had a left over pregnancy test from when I got pregnant with Emma. I figured it was a long shot cause I had no symptoms but I wanted to go get birth control that coming Monday so I thought I might as well make sure.
It was still early...like 5am. Everyone was sleeping and it was still dark. I went down stairs and took the test. Then while letting it wait it's 3 minutes, I went up stairs and got ready for the day. As an after thought I remembered the test was downstairs and thought I better throw it away before I forgot and people use the guest bathroom at Michael's party....no one wants to go the bathroom with a pee test sitting next to them. haha. I knew it was negative and felt silly for even taking it. I picked up the test and threw it away and then thought to myself "was that two lines?" I picked it back up and sure enough, two lines. Then I dug through the trash for the test box so I could verify what two lines meant. I couldn't believe it. I was literally in shock. I ran upstairs and frantically woke Adam up telling him he needed to go to the store and get me another test...or maybe a few cause it was going to take a lot to convince me I was pregnant.
I took about 3 tests all together...even the expensive tests that actually say "pregnant" or "not pregnant" and yes...they all came out saying that I am pregnant!......again..... haha.
We are very excited but also scared to death. We were not expecting our third child nearly this quickly. I guess it's time for the mini van! :-)
I had my first check up and everything looks great! Baby is due June 10th. Michael will be 2 1/2 years old and Emma will be 13 months. I am desperately trying to get Michael potty trained! He is doing great so far! As long as his diaper is off he will go in his potty every time. Now I just have to get him to tell me when he needs to go. It's a work in progress but so far so good! :-)
This baby is giving me the worst morning sickness I have had yet. It's been a struggle taking care of the little ones and being so sick but I have been given a lot of help from friends and family and I'm very grateful!

4 comments:

Jackie B. said...

oh my gosh! congrats. hope you get feeling better soon.

karen said...

wow! congratulations! you do know how to make beautiful babies, that's for sure. we just went to Sedona, too for our anniversary in September. gorgeous place!!

Edna Guerrero said...

Hee hee! I'm sorry that I actually laughed when Ande told me you were pregnant. Better you than me! ha ha. I do hope that your morning sickness goes away- That's no fun at all!

Bob and Danya said...

Wow! That's awesome! Sorry you're so sick though! Yuck! I hope you get over it quickly!

On a side note...I clicked on your blog through Rebecca Webb's. How do you 2 know each other? I went to BYU with her!