Monday, October 26, 2009

Romantic Getaway!

For my birthday earlier this month Adam surprised me with a weekend getaway to Sedona! He planned everything! I didn't have to stress at all..... except it was my first time being away from my kids overnight. I left WAY to many typed up directions for my very capable mother in law but she was great about it and everything was just fine at home. :-)
We had such an amazing time! Sedona could not have been more beautiful! We stayed at a resort and spa right up against the red rock mountains. The views from our hotel and the restaurants we ate at were incredible! We took amazing walks down by the creek running through our hotel, and hiked up through the red rocks. I was SO excited to sleep in for the first time in 2 years but sadly my internal clock had other ideas. I woke up on my own during the night when I usually get up to feed Emma and I woke up at the same time I wake up every morning. I guess even when you get away you're still mom. :-)
Adam was so incredible! He isn't one for walking through shops. He prefers the action sport stuff, but he was great about making sure we walked through all the little shops in uptown Sedona, looked through the art galleries and even stopped to listen to the bands that were set up along the street. The pictures don't do the place justice but we had a GREAT time! Thanks Honey!!!

0 comments: