Sunday, August 2, 2009

Michael's First Black Eye

A couple weeks ago I was taking the kids to Cabela's sporting good store. It's a great place to take the kids cause they have a huge mountain in the center of the store with running water and a bunch of mounted animals all over the mountain and walls to make it look like real life. They have every animal you can think of! Elk, deer, bear, mountain lion, eagle, elephant, wolf, moose, etc. Michael LOVES it! They also have a huge fish tank with fish, sea turtles, and even mini sharks. So anyways, I was taking the kids for a trip to Cabela's. I got Michael out of the car and had him walk to the other side of the car with me so we could get Emma out. Michael saw his sippy cup on the floor of the car under Emma's seat so he reached in to grab it, tripped over my foot, and slammed his eye in the bottom part of the car. He cried for a fraction of a second until he saw the statue of the elk out front of the store. I thought everything was fine because he didn't make a big deal of it. While we were walking through the store he said "mama mama!" so he could show me the eagle he had spotted. He turned around and I saw it...... his eye was black and blue, swollen, and practically shut. I went and found a store clerk and asked for a bag of ice. They were nice enough to give me ice and a towel for it. He wanted to eat the ice more than hold it on his face but we got the swelling down and it was black and blue for probably 2 weeks. We couldn't get really good pictures of it but we got a few.

0 comments: