Sunday, July 1, 2012

Camping Trip!


This past weekend we took the kids camping. We were lucky enough that my mother in law came long. Trying to keep 3 kids from running off into the forest, or walking into the lake is not easy. We were so happy to have the extra help. Plus, my mother in law and my husband are expert campers. We had a great time and the kids were in Heaven. It was nice to get away to the cooler weather, less technology and teaching the kids fun new things as they experience wonderful new memories. I was a little bummed because I was always the one taking the pictures so I have no pictures of me with the kids. :-( But I'll keep the memory alive and make sure I get some pictures next camping trip.


Daddy & Emma after setting up the tent and canopy


The kiddos exploring new territory


We found a ton of dead crawfish in the lake we fished at. Michael found a really big one!
He also caught a number of butterflies and a catepiller. He was really in his element up there. He walked around and helped do things. It was beautiful to watch how he opened up and let his personality show. Normally he is a little shy, I think he may just take after his Grandpa Weeden and become a Forest Ranger.


Michael & Daddy getting their fishy poles together


The girls splashing their toes in the water


Michael fishing with Grandma


Grandma & Emma looking out over the lake

Hailey & Grandma fishing

1 comments:

Maren said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun camping! Hope you are enjoying your summer. Emma is sure starting to look like her Dad in some of your pictures. Her blue eyes are striking! Love you guys.