Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Emma's 3rd Birthday!

Emma had an awesome birthday this year! She had so much fun! She was looking forward to her birthday for weeks! I had lots of fun setting up the party. We had our signature punch, some snack foods (since the party was between lunch and dinner). I made her some chocolate chunk cupcakes with rainbow sprinkle frosting. I thought about buying some, but I always appreciated it when my mom did homemade stuff for my birthdays. It meant more to me that she took the time to put all that love into my birthday decorations and my birthday desserts, then just buying stuff. So I decided to take a lesson from my mom and I made her cupcakes. It was even better because Emma helped me to make them. We had so much fun having that one on one time together baking and licking the beaters. We set up the pool in the backyard, the bounce house, the sprinkler water thing for the kids to run in, and the water table. We put out all the knobby balls for the kids to play with and let them run wild and have fun! After the kids went crazy and ate, I called them all in to paint some fun little wooden wall hangings for the kids to decorate with some paint and glitter. I have to brag that I got all that stuff at the dollar tree! Aside from the food, I probably only spent about $20 on all the decorations and the activities for the kids. It's funny that just $20 and Emma and all her friends had the most fun ever! Gotta love dollar tree and the simplicity of 3 year olds. :-) They are a great example to us adults.   


(The Birthday Girl!!!)

(Emma's homemade birthday cupcakes! Made with lots of LOVE!)


(The sisters enjoying Cheetos before the party)


(Emma cuddling with Papa)

(Hailey in her new swimsuit enjoying the water)

(My mom and I working in the kitchen)

(Emma & her best friend Emmi playing in the water)


(Michael painting his boat)

(Hailey painting her car)

(Emma painting her butterfly & Emmi painting her bubble bee)

(Mommy helping Michael & Hailey)

(Bret painting his dinosaur)

(Wilson painting his dinosaur)

(Emma blowing out her birthday candles)

(Mommy & Emma opening presents)

(Emma wearing her Princess Dora dress - a birthday present-)

(Hailey got confused between paint and makeup. haha)

(Michael and Emma being silly)

1 comments:

Ginny said...

So sad we couldn't make it!! Out of all the Saturdays we got 3 invites to maylis friends birthday parties(what are the odds), and had a family baptism and then another niece performing in a pageant! Crazy sat. We only got to go to the family stuff...none of her friends birthdays:(. But it looks like she had a ball! I can't believe how big the kids are getting....and that picture or Hailey with the face paint is to die for...hahaha. miss you guys!