Thursday, December 8, 2011

Letters to Santa....




I could not be more proud of my kids. Every day they give me more reason to beam with pride. Today was no different.
We decided to turn on some Christmas music, bake cookies and make cards to send to the North Pole for Santa.
The kids were doing an amazing job decorating their cards and putting lots of effort into it as they talked about what they wanted to ask Santa to bring them for Christmas.
Then we talked about the little kids in the world that don't have much if anything for Christmas. We talked about those that are hungry, and don't have warm beds to sleep in and good clothes to wear. We talked about the real meaning of Christmas and Christ's birth. They love the story of Christmas every time they hear it.
A friend of mine was surprised when I said that my kids would rather see baby Jesus at the temple lights than go to see the zoo lights... but that's my kids. They can feel the difference between the commercialized Christmas and the real meaning.
That's not to say that they don't love the magic of Santa, cause they do...
so as we're talking about the kids that don't have much for Christmas and we're making our cards, Michael says "mommy... can you write something on my card to Santa for me." and I said "of course buddy, what would you like me to write." and as he spoke tears filled my eyes. This little boy has such a huge heart and I couldn't be more proud. This is what he said
"Santa, please don't forget to go and see the kids that don't have presents this year. Even if they don't have a place to live, I know you can find them. And if you need extra presents to give them, you can take mine, but if you have extra I would like something too."

Merry Christmas!

0 comments: