Tuesday, May 12, 2009

GRASSHOPPER FUN!

Michael and his daddy were playing in the backyard while I was cooking dinner. I heard Michael get all excited and so I ran out to see what he was doing. Daddy was teaching him how to catch grasshoppers. Michael became quite skilled very quickly. He basically chased it down every time it jumped and then would poke it. Eventually he tired out the poor grasshopper and Michael picked him right up. He put him into his little bug catcher kit but of course wanted to take him right back out to play with him. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m horrible terrified of crickets and grasshoppers. Michael thought that was hilarious and chased me around the house and into a corner of the kitchen with the grasshopper. Eventually Michael had squeezed the little guy too tight and killed it but he wanted to keep playing with it. He would throw the grasshopper to try and get it to jump again but eventually we had to lay him to rest in the backyard. Since then Michael has chased down a few grasshoppers but most of them have lived to tell the tale.

0 comments: