Saturday, January 19, 2008

Back to school.............


As if having a bachelors degree wasn't enough! :-P Adam and I decided that I would go back to school. I thought about getting a masters degree but with my bachelors being in health care administration we figured it would be more beneficial for me to have my RN license so I could work my way up through the ranks in a hospital. Truly, I plan to just be a stay at home mom but if I were ever in NEED of a job for money reasons or if Adam gets paralyzed again then I want to have the ability to provide for my family. So I'm taking online classes through Rio Salado to get my pre-reqs done so I can apply to nursing school. I started my Chemistry class last week. It's been a challenge because I'm so bad at science and math but I have a great teacher and I pray before I study and pray every night that I'll be able to retain what I read and study. So far it's been pretty good. I'm able to get about an hour a day in of study time. It's just the first week, but so far so good. :-) Keep your fingers crossed!!!! :-)

4 comments:

Jackie B. said...

paralyzed again? i'm confused.

Shalece said...

It is great to have a backup plan. Good luck with school- that is so much work! :)

Shalece said...

ps did you see the video of Lilia walking on our blog?

Anonymous said...

Heavenly Father saved Adam's mobility for a purpose and I think HE will continue to watch over him. I am so proud of both of you for furthering your education!