Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Michael was asked to give a talk in Primary on Sunday about Temples. I was so excited when I saw the little paper they sent home with him letting us know. I have always longed for the day when I would stand up there with my child and help him or her give a talk in church. It was such a special moment. Michael helped us prepare his talk and find all the pictures. He helped with everything and I was so proud of him! We practiced each day so he would not be nervous but as the day got closer he got more and more nervous and we talked about that a lot so it was a good learning experience. When Sunday came we went to church a little early and went into the primary room while no one was there so he could practice giving the talk into the microphone before the room was filled with kids and teachers. Adam recorded it and he did such a great job! When the moment came for him to give the talk with everyone in the room he froze a little. He was pretty nervous and as I was encouraging him to start the talk and repeat after me he turned to me and in the microphone said "mom....why are you doing this to me?" haha!!!! I wanted to laugh so hard. He ended up having me do most of the speaking while he held the pictures up and agreed with me and said some of it. I heard later that most kids his age don't say anything once they get up there to the microphone so he said more than most. I was glad I had the foresight to have him give the talk and record it before he got overwhelmed with everyone in the room. So here is the recorded version of Michael's very first talk in primary on temples: Adam and I are so proud!!! :-)







I couldn't get the video uploaded to the blog because it was too long but here is a link to youtube: you might have to copy and paste it but it's worth it! So cute!!!!






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSX8qP3vTVw Bold

0 comments: